Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm Home

(a reflection from the Parable of the Prodigal Son)

by: Chew Phui Yee

Before I left I could see it in your eyes

The sorrow the pain

When I said, “Let me go, let me go”

Look the riches is waiting for me

The glory the power the love

Just hearing is not enough

Let me see Let me enjoy it


And yes here I am

Having all that I’ve wanted

Lust became my lord and pride became my god

But little did I know

The alternatives that have robbed my soul

The substitutes that have killed my mind

From my ecstasy who can rescue me?


When I came to my senses I thought of you

Would you let me come back I don’t want to die

Make me all you want me to be because I’m sorry

So I made my way home and there’s no turning back

But while I was still a long way off

I saw you’ve been waiting for me

You ran and couldn’t wait to embrace me


How can I fathom your love

That I can be called your child

I was dead and is alive again

I was lost and am found

I was a stranger and now you’re my Father

No comments: