Saturday, March 07, 2009

Little Kevin

Kevin (not his real name) is a dyslexic child in one of my classes. He is very weak in languages. He can't read and write even a simple word and his teachers are very concerned about him. Any teacher would say, "We really can't do much."

In all the B.M. spellings I gave him, he would write :

1. hfrjikh
2. fhieoid
3. fflmnn
4. trmbgf
5. fllgdmc

He can't sit still, he is a restless child who would go around disturbing his classmates and speaks unintelligibly. Most of his classmates would bully, tease, beat and despise him because of his weakness. I could see him feeling helpless and hopeless, but I've never seen him cried. Many times, I would try my best to protect and comfort Kevin whenever he was bullied and teased. But of course, I would still punish him whenever he's naughty.

I kept encouraging him to study for his spellings, at least. He would nod his head but showed no confident.

One day, I was touched by this little boy as he gave me a sheet of stickers to express his appreciation. Despite his disabilities, I believe God can do amazing things in him, because God can use anything, no matter what circumstances or condition, and he does everything for His glory!

No comments: